|The Micro Fence® System has been developed by noted woodworker Richard Wedler, who has been making custom cabinets and furniture for over 40 years. The first foundation piece of the system, the Edge-Guide, was the solution to straight-line and circular routing application problems that Richard confronted in his own commissioned work. He and his father Jack, a machinist and toolmaker for over 60 years, put their heads together to develop the first Micro Fence® Edge-Guide. |
An early wooden prototype of
the Micro Fence Edge-Guide
Although Jack passed away in 1998 Rich has continued the
development of the Micro Fence® System to include the Plunge Base, Circle Jigs, Ellipse Jigs, the Micro Stop, Vacuum Clamping equipment and a host of other
accessories. The goal has always been to build the highest quality and
most useful tools possible that offer solutions to woodworking problems. We are constantly researching and developing new products to make Microfence.com the most valuable resource possible for precision woodworking tools.
When you call our shop, you'll speak with Rich or daughters Dara or Carey who help out frequently in the office, any of whom are happy to answer any of your questions.
Summer 2011 Plunge Base Run
Click to enlarge.
To learn more aboutMicro Fence® System, read some of the magazine articles on our Edge-Guide, Plunge Base and Vacuum Clamps, or take a moment to look at some of our Customer Reviews. You can also find information here:
- Read the interview with Rich by Robin Eley of American Router magazine focused on the beginnings of Micro Fence and how it evolved. (Download)
- Read The Feature on Richard Wedler by William Sampson from Cabinet Maker + FDM magazine. It talks about Richard's early beginnings and his achivements. This article can also be found on the January 2013 Edition of Cabinet Maker+FDM Magazine.(Download)
- Read The Feature on The Micro Plunge Base by Brad Holden from American Woodworker Magazine. It showcases the Micro Plunge Base and some of its features. This article can also be found on the June/July 2013 Edition of American Woodworking Magazine and at their webste at www.americanwoodworker.com (Download)
- Article written about Richard as a custom cabinet and furniture maker:
CWB Magazine, October, 1997, "Hollywood Woodworker Specializes in Covering Creative Outlets", by Tom Caestecker, Jr., page 60-63
- Woodworking articles written by Richard Wedler
Furniture & Cabinetmaking Magazine, April 1997: No.5; Pages 27-30
Fine Woodworking Magazine, March/April 1993, "Tambour Cabinet Doors," pages 76-80
- Richard Wedler's custom woodworking featured in books:
Built-In Furniture by Jim Toplin, (pages 16, 18, 141), The Taunton Press Inc., a Fine Woodworking Book, Newton, CT 1997.
Our shop is located at:
12970 Branford Street, Unit M
Arleta, California 91331
Contact Form (click here)